Carpentry Business Ideas:
1) Carpentry Contractor: You are required to have a contractor license if you want to build your own house or renovate an existing one. If you don’t have a contractor license, then you will need to hire someone else to do it for you.
This type of business requires less capital investment than other types of businesses. You will need to pay a contractor to work on your project. They will probably charge you a set fee per job. The cost of hiring a contractor may range from $500-$2000 depending upon the quality of their services and the complexity of the job.
2) Carpentry Service Provider: A service provider is someone who provides carpentry services such as carpenters, masons, electricians, plumbers etc. They will usually provide these services for a flat rate regardless of the size of the job.
The service provider will typically charge between $300-$1000 depending upon their skill level and experience.
3) Carpentry Shop Owner: A shop owner is someone who owns a small workshop where they specialize in building houses, apartments, stores, offices etc. They will generally charge between $200-$5000 depending upon their skills and experience.
There are many different kinds of service providers. Some provide only general labor like carpenters while others specialize in certain trades such as a plumber specializing in plumbing.
3) Carpentry Shop Owner: You can open up a shop where you sell your carpentry services. Your customers will likely be contractors who need your carpentry skills.
You will still need to pay your own rent and buy materials for the shop. Even though you will need to pay business expenses you can still make a good profit. It’s possible to open up an affordable shop that only costs around $200 a month. This is a good way for you to get started in the business and learn the basics. You can always open a larger more expensive shop once you have enough money and experience.
How Much Does It Cost To Start A Carpentry Business?
Starting a carpentry business does not need to be expensive. If you are a beginner in carpentry and you don’t have any experience with business, it is best to start your own business as a service provider.
You can start a carpentry business for as little as $200. If you are an experienced carpenter then you should be able to start a business for around $2000.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Sustainability Issues for Start-up Entrepreneurs. (CR Self – 1995 – Globe Pequot Press)
- Sustainability in the Start-up (H Schick, S Marxen, J Freimann – Greener management international, 2002 – JSTOR)
- Social networks and business success: The role of subcultures in an African context (J Freimann, S Marxen, H Schick – Making ecopreneurs …, 2010 – books.google.com)
- Informal family business in Africa (S Kristiansen – American journal of economics and sociology, 2004 – Wiley Online Library)
- The role of family start ups in the emergence of a small business sector in Bulgaria (S Khavul, GD Bruton, E Wood – Entrepreneurship Theory and …, 2009 – journals.sagepub.com)
- Drill jig for locating holes to be drilled in a workpiece (D Fletcher, E Helienek, Z Zafirova – Journal of Enterprising Culture, 2009 – World Scientific)
- The impact of information behaviour on small business failure (GR Behman – US Patent App. 10/532,941, 2006 – Google Patents)