What are edge bands? Edge bands are decorative strips of material placed along the edges of your floor or wall. They can be used to add interest to your home decor. You can use them for decoration purposes or they can be used for other purpose such as adding security, noise reduction, etc. There are many types of edge bands available in the market today. Some of these include; plywood edge bands, plastic edge bands, aluminum edge bands, vinyl edge bands and more.
Edge banding is one of the most popular ways to make your house look modern and trendy. It’s easy to install and it looks very nice too!
If you’re looking for something new to put up on your walls or floors then there are several options out there that will definitely catch your eye.
If you have been searching for some sort of edge banding solution, then you’ve come to the right place. Today I’m going to share with you a few tips and tricks that will surely help you in installing edge bands on your walls or floors.
These techniques will not only save time but they’ll also improve the overall appearance of your room.
The first thing you need to decide is what kind of edge banding you want. The easiest way to choose which type of edge banding you’ll like best is to go through our handy guide below.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Table top edge banding (M Sern – US Patent 2,298,578, 1942 – Google Patents)
- System and method for installation of solid edge banding for cabinetry (S Lin, C Magnorsky – US Patent App. 13/745,829, 2014 – Google Patents)
- Panel edge banding device (F Maioli, M Rosati, A Neri, E Trebbi – US Patent 6,263,938, 2001 – Google Patents)
- Fire door (CW Lehnert, JR Van Dyke, RW Hinkel – US Patent 4,748,771, 1988 – Google Patents)
- FOR 2019 (AS SURFACE – rugbyabp.co)
- Edge banding machine (GM Donlin – US Patent 3,405,022, 1968 – Google Patents)
- Systems and methods for installing countertops (CB Bell, R Konarski – US Patent App. 12/013,677, 2008 – Google Patents)
- Hot air edge banding machine (RE Duewel – US Patent 4,222,812, 1980 – Google Patents)