Sunsetter Awning Cost Calculator
The following is a simple calculator which will give you the total cost of installing an awning over your car. You need to enter the number of feet and the width of your vehicle.
The price will then be displayed along with any additional costs such as insurance or maintenance fees.
How Much Does An Aluminum Awning Cost?
An aluminum awning costs $100-$200 depending upon its size. If you are looking at purchasing one, you may want to consider getting the smaller version which only costs $50 instead of the larger model which costs $60.
You could save yourself some money if you purchase the smaller model. However, there is no guarantee that your vehicle won’t get damaged when driving over an awning while going down a hill or even on a steep grade.
Awning Prices & Costs: What Do They Mean?
If you’re wondering what exactly an awning is, it’s basically a large piece of cloth attached to the top of your car so that other vehicles can’t drive over it. There are many different types of awnings available for sale online.
Some come in various colors, sizes and designs. All these things affect their price tag.
Usually, the longer the awning, the more it’s going to cost. If you’re looking for a simple to medium-sized version of an awning, you can expect to pay anywhere from $100-$200.
You might be able to find one at a lower price, but probably not for much lower. It all depends on sales and other factors that change from time to time.
Unfortunately, a lot of people think that awnings are more expensive than they actually are. Just make sure you take your time to shop around before making a final purchase.
You never know when you’ll find an online sale or coupon code that can save you a little extra money.
When it comes to awning prices and costs, it really just depends on the size and the brand that you want. Many people wonder if they should get a retractable or a fixed awning.
The good thing about a retractable awning is that you can get more use out of it. It’s stored away in the winter and rolls out in the summer.
With a fixed awning, you have to store it away for the winter and only get it out during the summer months. This is all up to you and your personal preference. It’s all about what you want in an awning.
The best place to look for a good deal on a new awning is online. You might be able to find one at a lower price than what you would find in an actual store.
This way, you also don’t have to pay any additional costs for shipping or insurance. It’s important that you do your research to make sure you’re getting the very best awning out there.
It’s a good idea to visit an RV dealership to get some pricing information before making a final purchase. They usually have the largest selection and can help you find the perfect match for your vehicle.
Have you ever thought about getting an awning for your vehicle? If so, what type did you want to get? Tell us about it in the comments!
Sources & references used in this article:
- Self-correcting drive for retractable cargo canopy (RH Chenowth – US Patent 8,752,881, 2014 – Google Patents)
- Lift assist mechanism for retractable awning (BW Murray, TG Faludy – US Patent 5,148,848, 1992 – Google Patents)
- Retractable awning with lighting in an extended position (BM Worthman, CS Greer, Z Inbody… – US Patent …, 2015 – Google Patents)
- Retractable Sukkah awning (T Goldman – US Patent 6,024,153, 2000 – Google Patents)
- Retractable awning and method (TD Blevins – US Patent 6,494,246, 2002 – Google Patents)
- A Tree Dies and a Pub Suffers (S Cox, J Foster, T Burson… – Journal of Case …, 2018 – pdfs.semanticscholar.org)
- Automatic retractable canopy for wheelchairs, scooters, and the like (KP Stepaniuk, HI Gallegos – US Patent 7,861,735, 2011 – Google Patents)