Steel Toe Construction Work Boots: Best Steel Toe Construction Work Boots?
The steel toe construction work boots are the most popular type of footwear used in construction industry. They are made from high quality leather and provide excellent protection against the elements. They are also extremely hard wearing, and last much longer than the average footwear, ensuring the workers do not need to stop and restock on their boots every couple weeks. Most steel toe boots also have a longer heal, which is great for workers that have to spend most of their time on their feet.
There are hundreds of different makes and models of boots, but not all are suited to the needs of construction workers. Some are simply fashion boots that are sold because they are popular, and these boots would fall apart within a week if used for construction work. Other boots are overly heavy and stiff, uncomfortable to wear for most of the day. The most comfortable steel toe boots are made of soft leather that is easily formed to your leg, with enough space for a thick sock.
If you buy well-known brands, and avoid boots with unnecessary metal pieces inside (like gears and wiring) then the boots can last for years.
Not all the steel toe construction work boots are comfortable. If you want to wear something exceptionally comfortable, then you should buy the Red Wing work boots. When my sister bought these boots for my brother as a Christmas gift, I had the chance to try them at her house. Wearing these boots really made my feet feel like they were in heaven!
They are not bulky or heavy and can be worn with or without socks. Since they are made of leather, these boots can be polished and will maintain their shape and structure for years to come. The soles are made of thick rubber, providing excellent shock absorption and comfort especially for people who are on their feet all day.
Some other work boots that feel as comfortable are the Timberland PRO Men’s Tour Boots. These boots are great for walking and provide exceptional arch support. You can feel the quality when you hold one of these boots in your hands, and they have a thick rubber sole that can withstand long hours on the road. The only problem with these boots is that they can get a little warm and stuffy in the summer.
They are also more expensive than other boots, but if you buy them at the right time (such as during the Christmas sales), then the price isn’t too bad.
For more than twenty years my dad wore Red Wing work boots as part of his uniform while working at the airport. He was always on his feet and the boots never let him down. He polished them regularly so they looked nice, too.
When he retired he was given a pair of souvenir boots by the other workers as a retirement gift. I heard that he wore them for a few years until the leather became so soft that they were no longer structurally sound. He still keeps them in his office though as a reminder of his retirement.
If I could afford it I would buy a pair of Red Wings for myself right now, but I will have to wait until my next paycheck. I will need new boots for the job site, but I can’t wear just any boots. I need a durable pair that can withstand long hours on concrete and asphalt, as well as occasional accidents involving cement, bricks, and steel.
So, which brand of boots do you think I should buy?
(Sorry ladies, this story is just for the guys!):)
Sources & references used in this article:
- Best Insoles for Work Boots on Concrete (Top 5 of 2020) (E Mentor – 2017 – electricianmentor.com)
- How do we fit underground coal mining work boots? (JA Dobson, DL Riddiford-Harland, AF Bell, JR Steele – Ergonomics, 2018 – Taylor & Francis)
- Finding the right boots for the job (T Morley – Professional Safety, 2008 – search.proquest.com)
- Best Work Boots for Electricians (Top 4 Picks of 2020) (E Mentor – 2017 – electricianmentor.com)
- External stabilizing structure for work boots (K Bodner – US Patent App. 12/626,595, 2011 – Google Patents)
- Generation (OFW BOOTS – 1979 – isesafety.com.co)
- The role of academic advising in student retention and persistence (JK Drake – About Campus, 2011 – journals.sagepub.com)
- SECTION 8. STRATEGIES IN GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT-Chapter 50. An Exploratory Study on the Market Potential for Industrial Rubber Boots in Malaysia: The Case of … (ZA Kassim, D Singh – Enhancing Organizational Performance …, 2009 – search.proquest.com)
- Shock attenuation characteristics of three different military boots during gait (AMS Muniz, RR Bini – Gait & posture, 2017 – Elsevier)